If you follow any of our social media feeds, you’ve seen our amazing subscriber cover for FANGORIA #13, featuring the Shape himself (James Jude Courtney) ready to make good on the titular promise of Halloween Kills. Now it’s time to tell you a bit about what’s inside this issue. Short version: a LOT.
Less short version:
- A cover story by Oscar-winning FX artist Christopher Nelson, the man responsible for the current shape of the Shape, as well as all the bloody mayhem of Halloween Kills. Chris traces his journey from fan to creator and walks us through the film’s gnarlier moments;
- A chat with Thomasin McKenzie, star of Edgar Wright’s new thriller Last Night in Soho, on adapting to Wright’s precision-driven style, the swinging but scary ‘60s, and on the dangers of nostalgia;
- An exclusive report from the set of The Boulet Brothers’ Dragula, back for Season Four and filthier than ever;
- Chucky’s Don Mancini tells us about his 30-plus-year friendship with a three-foot-murderer, and how the two of them are taking bigger swings on the small screen;
- Diana Prince’s love letter to Lon Chaney’s Phantom of the Opera;
- The story of Sitora, the lost Malaysian monster movie (which, btw, Fango is resurrecting next year);
- A look at Julia Ducournau’s Titane, which WILL mess you up this fall;
- A sneak peek at The Motion Picture Academy Museum’s horror collection;
And (you know the words, kids) much, much more! 100 pages! Limited ads! The publishing event of the fall season! (We’re assuming.)
To get this issue WITH THIS HALLOWEEN KILLS COVER, you MUST subscribe. So do that!
Save 25% OFF a new annual subscription with the code FangoKills.
Here's a fancy subscription link where you can put that discount code to good use.